The Lion Foundation Grant Information
The Lion Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational foundation. Our mission is to provide, direct, and subsidize funding for the realization of enhanced academic, cultural and athletic programs for the enjoyment, enrichment and enhancement of Camp Hill School District students and the community.
Awarding of Funds
Awarding of Funds
- Each year, The Lion Foundation will allocate a limited sum of money for Grant Requests. Requests are reviewed on a first come, first served basis and prioritized with other funding requests that will be reviewed by The Lion Foundation Allocations Committee. Lion Foundation Grant forms and information will be posted on The Lion Foundation’s website, www.thelionfoundation.org, as well as the Camp Hill School District’s Z drive.
- The application period is ongoing. We encourage applicants to submit grant requests as soon as they are identified in case restricted funding is available. However, there will be three cycles when The Lion Foundation will make awards:
2017 Lion Foundation Allocations Timeline
Grant Application Deadline
Spring: April 21, 2017
Fall: September 1, 2017
Winter: November 3, 2017
Grant Award Notification Deadline
Last week of May 2017
Last week of September 2017
Third week of January 2018
- For grants using Restricted funds (such as athletic teams, clubs, donations specified for a specific purpose), an application can be submitted at any time throughout the year. The application must go through the applicable review process.
- All communications about your funded project/program should include a mention that it was funded in part of whole by a Lion Foundation grant.
- Awards may be given in the fall and winter if funding is available.
- There is no guarantee that grants will be awarded to all applicants. Each grant will be reviewed by The Lion Foundation Allocations Committee based on merit, innovation and funding available. If funding is not received during the spring allocation, grant applications will be kept on file and reconsidered as funding becomes available for the remainder of the calendar year.
- Camp Hill School District employees need approval from their supervisor to submit grants.
- Priority for funding will be given to academic, athletic and cultural program benefiting CHSD.
Successful applicants are required to submit a brief evaluation report and photos within 3 months of completion of the program/project. Evaluation forms are available on HERE, or on the Camp Hill School District’s Z drive. The report should include a final report of expenditures, a brief statement of what was accomplished, data used to assess the program, and photos of the project.
PLEASE COMPLETE & SUBMIT THE GRANT APPLICATION TO: Shari Sponic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further questions please contact Robin Jones, Executive Director at email@example.com or 901-2600 x2651.