Honorarium and Memorial Giving Has Impact
Some people donate to The Lion Foundation in order to recognize loved ones who have achieved a significant milestone or passed away. Others donate in order to affiliate their name with a Camp Hill landmark that evokes a special memory whether it be a tree, a bleacher or an entire auditorium.
In recent years, such donations have included:
- Robert Long Jr. Memorial Fund to establish the Eisenhower Learning Garden.
- Earl Besch Memorial Fund to support needy students and projects in our schools.
- Senator Hal Mowery Memorial Fund to purchase a Lion statue and two benches for the entrance of The Pollock Center. Funds also supported the cheerleading program.
- Dr. Alex J. McKechnie Memorial Fund After Alex McKechnie, the patriarch of a local family passed away, his four grown children sought a way to honor his memory. They were pleased that The Lion Foundation could accommodate their wish in many ways:
- Planting a tree at the rear entrance of the Camp Hill High School/Middle School with a permanent engraved marker.
- Funding specialized golf instruction for the Camp Hill Golf Team
- Establishing the Dr. Alexander J. McKechnie Science Scholarship
- Rena Rogoff English Fund was established by her family to honor her many years of dedicated teaching in the Camp Hill School District as an English Teacher. Continued donations to this fund will support the High School English Department for initiatives that enhance academic programming, appreciation of live theater, and field trips.
- Margaret Rushong Earley Memorial Fund was established by her family to honor Peg's longstanding commitment to supporting Camp Hill academics and athletics. Peg was a proud Camp Hill alum and emeritus board member of The Lion Foundation. The family used this fund to support the following grant requests:
- 1st grade Flexible Seating Options for Reading
- 10th-12th grade 2 Chemistry Spectrophotometers
- Elementary and 8th grade Career Exploration Days
- 4th grade Harrisburg State History Field Trip
- 5th grade Philadelphia Field Trip Transportation
- 3rd grade National Geographic Explorer Magazine Program
- Eisenhower Learning Garden Club
- K-12 Speech Therapy iPad w/ Case
- HS Girls Field Hockey Portable Goals
Please consider listing “The Lion Foundation,” as a memorial gift option in your memorial arrangements and announcements. Donations can be made in memory of your loved one and sent to: The Lion Foundation, 2627 Chestnut Street, Camp Hill, PA 17011 or online at www.thelionfoundation.org. Please contact our office if you have any specific questions (717) 775-5170.
“Thank you to The Lion Foundation for thoughtful suggestions that totally represented my Dad’s lifetime interests – all are special and meaningful tributes. I can’t help but be excited and proud of all that can be done to honor my Dad.” – Joan McKechnie Furniss (Class of 1969)